Thursday, April 14, 2011

Texas Bound!!!!

So, we're headed back to Texas! Actually, we are here in the Lone Star State now. We only got the news last Friday and already have an apartment and are quickly getting movers scheduled and all the five million other related tasks! Tuesday, Kenny started back in the Dallas office on his new project; we've been living in a hotel the past few days.

Kenny and I have moved quite a few times already, but this is the first (of many, I'm sure) with Mira in tow. It is definitely an added degree of difficulty! She's taking it in stride, as usual, though. Today, Sheesa, Mira, and I went shopping for Mira's new twin-sized big girl bed that she will get to start sleeping in when we move to the apartment.

She's very excited to be living closer to Sheesa and PapaNui, and so are we! We realize that we might just get a date night or two! Woo Hoo!

We are excited to move back "home", but there are definitely some great people that we are going to miss! We made some wonderful memories and met some wonderful people while in "the swamp" as we so lovingly call it. I'm sure we'll visit again if for no other reason than the drive-thru daquiries and Nawlin's Snoballs!!

Of course, it's also a little sad to leave Mira's first home. The house we so carefully brought her home to less than 48 hours after she was born. The bedroom where she gave me her first real smile in the wee hours of the morning and melted all my new-parent stress away. The living room where she took those first wobbly steps between Mommy and Daddy. The kitchen table where she had her first birthday cake.

Well, I could go on and on, but I think I'll have to wallow in these sweet memories later - we're too busy right now!!!

No comments: