Friday, September 23, 2011

Nebraska 2011

This year, we decided for just Mira and I to take a trip to Nebraska to visit Erika, Ben, and Ethan (Michael was out of town for the most part).

We had a lot of fun doing what we normally do - hang out and catch up! Mira and Ben had a lot of fun playing together and also spent a lot (A LOT) of time fighting like cats and dogs!!

Mira was stoked to be riding in Ben's wagon. 

I was almost nauseous watching Ben swing so high!!! I'm such a worry wort when it comes to swings! I hate them! He was having so much fun! And Erika was having a blast, too - watching me in my near-panic!

We had to re-create this picture from...

last year!!! How adorable is that?!
 
Ben's room stayed in a state of national crisis the whole time we were there. We did help clean up before we left!

We had to buy new luggage because our tore on the way there. Mira got her first roller bag. Ben was in love with it and insisted on helping her pull it through Target. Mira was such a big girl and pulled this bag all through the airport.


 






Sadly, this is the only photo I got of Ethan the whole trip!! :(
 

We covered a lot of terrain on this morning! We spent three hours trekking across Lincoln - to the Sunken Garden (found a Letterbox), to the playground, and back!


Such a beautiful place!


Mira's first ride on a tire swing - I mean really swinging. She has been on one at SheesaNui's house, but that was in someone's lap and sort of lazily swinging. Do you see what Erika is doing with my child on that thing!?

She loved it! I'm glad I can hide my true emotions well enough to not project my fears onto my child!!


Swinging high on the big kid swing (me: so tense my shoulders were probably up to my ears!)

Ah! Now we can both enjoy this swing!! =) 



And then she climbed this gigantic slide!!!

She was quite the dare-devil on this trip! I was a proud momma!

We went bowling!!


So excited the ball made it all the way to the end! (Who cares if it knocks over pins or not!) 

I'm rushing through this, so I'll probably think of details to add later, but I just needed to get this "on the books"!

No comments: