Tuesday, April 10, 2012

February 2012

So, this has gotten ridiculously out of hand! I haven't updated the blog in so long, and we've had a lot happen!! Once again, I will have to do a few quick summaries to get caught up! After that, I am going to try and schedule some time to blog, so I don't get so behind again.

We'll start with February's main event which was the 2012 Cowtown's Half Marathon. Kenny and I both ran it this year. I did a much better job sticking to my beginner's training schedule this year while Kenny did an advanced training schedule to work on his speed. I ended up bettering last year's time by 11 minutes (I made it in 3 hours 6 minutes), but more importantly, I was not hounded by the medic team when I crossed the finish line. I looked healthy enough to just be handed my medal and be left alone! Success!! Kenny did really great - he placed 130 overall and 20th in his age group! His time was 1:34:09. I was SO proud of both of us!



The weekend before the Half Marathon, I joined my friend Julie and her sister, Lauren in a 5K Color Run! What a blast! We started in all white and finished as jogging rainbows! We had a lot of laughs and really enjoyed ourselves despite the cold!



Another fun February event was Valentine's Day. Kenny and I went on a nice date the weekend before Valentine's Day; we went to dinner then a movie and Dave & Buster's. On Valentine's Day, we took Mira on a special, secret date! We  all went to the mall, and we surprised Mira with a trip to the Disney Store where she got to pick one of the princess dresses (and she ended up haggling us into getting the matching shoes). She chose the Belle dress - mostly because they had her shoe size in the Belle shoes. Afterwards, we went to Auntie Anne's Pretzels and got her usual - an original pretzel and a strawberry lemonade. While we sat in the food court and ate, she stared longingly at the carousel. So, of course, we made the date complete by taking her on three rides. Kenny did two so that I only had to ride once - that's why he's the best Valentine anyone could ask for!! We had a great evening together!






February was also the month that Mira earned her handwriting certificate! She worked SO hard and was SO determined to get that certificate! She had to finish the Kumon workbook and write the whole upper-case alphabet all by herself with no help (verbal or otherwise). We were so proud of her dedication and hard work, and she was so proud of herself! We are still working on numbers and lower-case letters. When she finishes the Kumon numbers workbook and can write the numbers 1-30 by herself, she gets a certificate for that, too!


So, that's February in a nutshell. I think there was more to it, but I might just have to leave it at this!

No comments: