Tuesday, December 23, 2008

I know I've said it before...

Mira's getting so big and changing so much!!


She is so alert and actually responding to her environment so much (as seen in the video below). She is so smiley these days!! These big gumey grins melt our hearts, for sure!


I wasn't sure how deliberate they were until just about a half hour ago. I was nursing her, but she had gotten to the point of playing, so I started to play back. I tickled her lips and she smiled so big! I did it again and again - it got a huge grin EIGHT times, so I know they were real smiles and not just "gas grins."


Also, Friday, she rolled from her tummy to her back! I tried desperately to catch it on video, but it was, of course, the one time I didn't have the camera rolling, and all I got was her on her back - mad! =) She was in no mood for tummy time!! I'm sure it probably won't happen again for a while, but I'll have the camera ready any time we do tummy time!


She does little baby leg extensions and sort of "stands up" if you put her feet on your lap while she leans against your chest. I'm amazed at her strength!

I get sort of sad when I think about how fast she'll grow up, but it's so exciting and joyous when it actually happens! Every stage is so great! I love her being small, squishy, and smelly-good, but I am so excited about the idea of her smiling and laughing at the silly things her daddy will do to get a reaction!

And just look how big she is these days - she fits in her 3 month clothes and here she is wearing shoes for the very first time!


1 comment:

Gerias Bonham said...

Holy cow, she's so big!

That's great that she's progressing so well ^_^