Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!


I'd already say that my first Mother's Day was a total success (and it's not even over yet)!!

Mira started to rouse around 6:30 - Kenny was no where in sight. I pulled her over into bed, assuming she was ready to nurse. I decided to try and steal a good snuggle first, expecting her to fuss at me to hurry up with the food. But, to my delight, I wrapped my arms around her and snuggled her close, and she immediately went back to sleep! So, we lay cuddling for a few minutes (I sort of nodded off again, too) before Kenny returned...


He brought me a tray full of delicious breakfast and cards and presents!! Kenny and Mira each got me a card - they both brought tears to my eyes. Mira's had a picture of her on the front and an original poem written by Kenny & Mira on the inside - super-sweet!! I also got a very nice gift card to my favorite local spa - enough to get a massage and facial!! I am so excited about this!


Apparently, he took a poll at work and was (correctly) told that he should not get me a juicer for Mother's Day...thanks ladies! ;) Kudos to Kenny for asking opinions and dodging a bullet!


My other gift was the super-secret project that Kenny & Mira have been working on for a couple of weeks. I've been banned from upstairs on many occasions in the past few days while the finishing touches were done. At one point, our computer sort of crashed, and Kenny thought he had lost the whole thing! Fortunately, most was salvaged after reviving the computer - phew!!!


They made me a 15 minute video - complete with snapshots, video, and sappy music - of Mira over the past months. It starts with video of my big, pregnant belly and ends with a photo of her sitting up by herself "reading" one of her books. I cried...again. It was so fun to see the early video of Mira - it just re-iterates how much she's grown and changed! She was so tiny and helpless, and now she is so big and capable!


For lunch, we went to the Mother's Day Brunch at the Petroleum Club with the Montgomery's. The food was fabulous (as usual), and we had a great time chatting with Matthew & Casey. Mira sat up very nicely in the highchair, but soon got bored (when we wouldn't let her play with the silver) and then tired, so she was quite fussy through the majority of the lunch! Kenny tried to put her to sleep at one point, and she kicked and bucked like a wild stallion - I could hear her screaming across the club!! Of course, as soon as we got her back in the car, she was all smiles! What a stinker!!! =)


Tomorrow, Mira and I will make another trip to Fairfield to cheer Olivia on as she tries out for twirler! I can't believe she's going to be in h.s. next year!!!! We'll have to turn right back around and come home, so we can make it to Gymboree on Tuesday - Mira is graduating to Level 2!!! Yay!!


Some exciting stuff that is coming up later on in the month: our 2nd Supper Club (Mexican Fiesta is the theme) is this coming Wednesday (same night as the season finale of LOST!!!!!), Mira turns 6 months old on the 17th, we have our 6 month Well Baby check-up on the 18th, 6 mo. photo shoot with Melissa Stephens on the 20th (so, so excited about this!), and G'ma Sheila arrives on the 31st just in time to drive with us to Destin on June 4th (Mira's first beach trip)!!!

3 comments:

M Newberry said...

Thanks for the note!

I've actually not talked to anyone so much... I'm not very good at that! Writing about it was my way of sharing with my friends and family the reasons (though I know it isn't an excuse) I've been distant lately and not kept in touch with anyone well. Love you!!

Tiffany Michelle said...

I'm glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day!! Kenny and Mira did a great job on your presents. I can't wait to see the pictures from Mira's first beach trip. Say hello to Florida for me - I miss my home!

Lindsey said...

A video!!! How Sweet! Kenny needs to give Neil some ideas!!!