Monday, August 17, 2009

9 Month Well Baby Check-Up

Mira was a champ today at the doctor's office. In usual fashion, I was fully prepared to bawl my eyes out since a CBC is routine for the 9 month visit (no shots, though - yay!). I knew she would scream in horror and cry huge crocodile tears once they pricked her little finger and started milking it for blood. I was on the verge of tears just waiting for our turn in the lab...

Mira was sitting infront of me on a desk (blocking my view of the procedure) looking at a stack of stickers so calmly that I was secretly cursing the nurse for not hurrying up and starting already! I craned my neck to see what the hold-up was and, to my surprise, saw a tube already half-full of my daughter's blood!

She didn't even bat an eye!! Not one single tear! Nothing! No grimace! No pout! NOTHING!!

I was shocked!! Very relieved, but SHOCKED!

We chatted about Mira's crawling, cruising, and standing (for 1-2 seconds), and after she stood for Dr. Crittell holding only one of her hands for balance, Dr. Crittell was convinced that Mira will be walking early - before her 1st birthday. Oh boy! :

She now weighs 19 pounds 12 ounces and is 26 1/2 inches long! Her blood work came back perfectly normal, so she is, as always, PERFECT! =)

Her next Well Baby Check-Up is in 3 months on her birthday, and she gets 3 shots! Poor baby...but, it just worked out that that was the best day for the appointment. Oh well, we'll make it up to her the rest of the day, I'm sure!!

We're so happy to have such a beautiful, healthy, happy baby girl - couldn't wish for anything more!!!

2 comments:

Erinn said...

The 9 month appointment was my favorite too. NO SHOTS! We go Thursday for a Measles shot :(

Anonymous said...

What a good girl! Alot better than her mommy was in her young years. Are her next shots "on" her birthday. If so, RESCHEDULE!