Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A Week in DFW

We had tons of fun in DFW! We visited all our old favorite hang-outs - introducing Mira to the DFW we know and love! We went to the Aquarium, the Zoo, the Botanic Gardens, Central Market, and did a ton of eating and shopping! Mira really worked at perfecting four fun activities: crawling, clapping, splashing, and waving!

I won't write too much - mostly for lack of time! But here are a few pics from the week:


Dallas World Aquarium - Mira really loved watching the fish and trying to grab them. Can we say "future diver?" =)

Nice Kitty...Mira is practicing her wave while a lazy jaguar lounges behind her. She's been waving at people left and right (totally un-prompted) for the past few days. I think it's adorable when she waves at other babies, but it's the cutest when she waves at her own reflection in the mirror!!


Hanging out at the hotel - Mira is "getting" me (she thinks this is hilarious)! I took a large bedsheet to lay down, so she would have a place to crawl around and play.
A portrait with the gorillas at the Fort Worth Zoo.
This orangutang was totally working the camera!!! Look at him pose - I took a lot of shots (way more than I'm posting)!!!
I was enthralled!!
Work it! Work it!!
...and Vogue!


Daddy points out the cheetah so Mira is sure to see!
One of our faves...the meerkats.
Headed to the pool - can't wait!! Who's got Daddy wrapped around her little finger??
Daddy is so silly - he goes under the water then comes up shaking and splashing!! Makes me laugh every time! I really perfected my splashing technique this week - soaked Mommy, Daddy, and myself!!! What fun!!!
Sitting with Mommy in the Japanese Garden at the Fort Worth Botanical Gardens.
Um...Mommy....I don't know about this reflection pool thing...you're close, right?? (Of course, I am - great cropping job!)
Feeding the koi.
Kenny got a great shot of this crane that hangs out at the gardens!
Mira looks so big standing up there all by herself - again, I am very, very close!
Such a cutie! She has to wear shoes more often now, because she wants to be down and standing! Looks like such a big girl!
Yay for the Rangers!! Or, maybe it's "Yay for Daddy!" Anyways, she was clapping up a storm all week and loved when everyone in the crowd would start clapping - as if she had started this huge reaction!
Just hand over the water bottle and everybody will have a good time. She was really good at the game - enjoyed the crowd and the noise and even the fireworks! Notice how bright the sky is in the background...
Just a little while later, a huge storm rolled in and the sky turned black! The wind was blowing hard and thunder and lightning were headed our way! We ended up leaving in the 6th inning and making it to the car right as big raindrops started crashing down!!

Not sure about this guy...a frog at the Rainforest Cafe.









































































2 comments:

Lindsey said...

OK! That picture scared me of her just standing there at the reflection pool. Whew! I'm glad I read that you were cropped out! ha!

Erinn said...

What a fun trip!