Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween Fun

So, I wasn't sure I would ever get this costume done - let alone in time for Halloween! But, I did, and I was pretty pleased with it. Then, as it was put on my little darling, piece by piece, I decided that I loved it!

Now - are you ready to see the CUTEST peacock that you have ever seen in your whole entire life???!!!! Well, here she is....



..............drum roll please...................



TA-DAAAA!!!


She is standing like a pro these days. She looks "proud as a peacock" in this pic (You had to know I was going to put that little pun in here somewhere, right?)!


She loved her bag - it kept her distracted enough to leave the hat on! She never actually used the bag, but, hey, a girl's gotta accessorize, right?!

Her plumage! Notice the adorable feather on her hat!


Anything in this bag, yet? I thought Halloween was all about the candy?? Where's mine? Mira did get to taste various candies over the weekend - tootsie rolls (just a taste - not able to chew this one just yet), Hershey's chocolate (had NO problem chewing this one!), and candy corn!

I headed up the planning and organizing of a "little" (i.e. there was no money in the HOA budget for a Halloween party) Fall Festival in our neighborhood. It was a total success! Mira was, quite literally, the center of attention when we arrived! Here are some of the kiddos at the party.

For quite some time, she stood in awe of all the kids running around - she found it all very entertaining. I was so surprised that she left her costume on so long. I expected her to be tugging at the hat and feet. We ended up taking it off just because we thought she seemed too hot! Otherwise, I think she would have left it on all night!

The kids loved the cake walk! They didn't even care about the cake - they just wanted their number to be drawn and to be declared the winner! We played over, and over, and over, and over....

Notice the Go-Go Girl holding Mira on her hip. Mira was toted around by one little girl or another practically the entire night. Then, after Kenny took Mira home to put her to bed, I was asked repeatedly, "Where's your baby??" The next night, when these same kids came Trick or Treating, they asked if they could take her with!

We had planned on attending the Gymboree Pumpkin Patch Party on Saturday, but things ran off schedule, and Mira wasn't feeling too well. So, we just went to the park and hung out as a family; it was a pretty great day.

We all enjoyed Mira's first Halloween and can't wait for next year's! I'm already thinking of costumes...

4 comments:

Erinn said...

We've got a little Martha on our hands! Good job; cutest peacock I've ever seen!

Anonymous said...

OMG! She is cuter than I ever imagined. The costume designer/maker did a great job, but I think it was the model that really took it the rest of the way.

Casey said...

Wow, I'm impressed! you did a great job! She looks adorable!

Lindsey said...

Great job Teresa..on the costume and the party! You are too creative! I can totally understand why Mira was the center of attention!