Sunday, December 13, 2009

In the Hanukkah Spirit!!

I made latkes, a traditional Hanukkah dish, yesterday for the first time. They are basically like a hashbrown - fried potato pancake - but way better! Man, have we been missing out!!! They were so delicious - so crispy and potatoey! I know my staging and photography doesn't help sell them, but they were so good, there was no time for any of that (we were scarfing them down too fast!!), and they really didn't need to be fancied up!!



I also made some baklava. Kenny has been hounding me to make some forever. It's been so long since I made it last, that I forgot how great a good baklava is. It's so much better when you make it at home. I must toot my own horn and say that this was the most amazing baklava I have ever put in my mouth!!! Baklava is a labor of love - it's extremely time intensive if you do it correctly. It takes a lot of patience to lay those thin sheets of dough down two by two and resist plopping four or five in at a time! It was worth it - it looked and tasted fantastic!

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

I love baklava! You are brave to make it on your own! Merry Christmas!