Thursday, January 28, 2010

"Weekend Getaway"

This past weekend, Kenny and I had the pleasure of sneaking off to DFW together while Mira hung out with her Grandma Sheila and PapaNui! They drove all the way here from Fulshear, TX (near Houston) to stay with her!!

This was only the second time I've been away from Mira overnight. (The first time, she stayed home with Kenny while I ran off to Kansas City with Coco to watch Wicked!) I did really well though; I didn't cry, but I did get a little blue toward the end of the day and really missed her. Sunday morning, I was ready to hit the road and get home, so I could have my little girl in my arms again! I really think Paris is going to be a blast, but I know it's going to be hard to be away from her that long...

I digress.....back to this past weekend:

We had so much fun shopping and eating and movie going! We really enjoyed our time together! We shopped 'til we dropped, and I scored lots of great stuff (my need for some new clothes is what inspired this trip to begin with)!! We watched Blind Side, which was fantastic - I'm pretty sure my eyes were wet the entire movie!

The highlight of the visit back "home" was getting to eat at a 100% vegan restaurant!! It was so delicious and such a great atmosphere! I won't go into detail here - I've blogged about it on The Vegan Wolfe, if you are interested in reading more! It was just really great to be able to go in and order anything off the menu! Ahhhh....just like the old days!  Mmmmm....I'm still thinking about that cake.....

Thanks so much to Jim & Sheila!! Mira loves you both so much, and I know she had a wonderful time with you! For a couple of days, she was still looking for you both at bedtime when we pointed to your pictures in the hallway! So adorable!

1 comment:

Casey said...

I'm glad you guys had a fun weekend! I'm also glad you didn't get too sad to leave Mira. She's lucky to have such great grandparents!