Monday, August 16, 2010

Kenny's "Vida" Painting

Kenny and I agreed not to "get" each other anything for our birthdays this year. I said I didn't want anything since we'll be in Paris on my birthday - he can buy me a croissant for my birthday! So, he decided I shouldn't buy him anything either. So, he's having a birthday party instead.

But, I had this idea for a painting for him for a while and decided to finally give it a try. He seemed to like it...   =)

After taking a close look at this painting, you should know all about Kenny!

"Vida" painting

Top half close-up (if you click on the picture, you will see it larger and will be able to zoom in quite a bit)

Bottom half close-up


He loves soccer, scuba diving, running, and the Denver Broncos. We met at Tony Roma's. He's lived in Australia, Egypt, Louisiana, Denver, and Texas. He's a numbers man. He's been in the Oil & Gas business for a while now. He's interested in real estate. He graduated from Baylor and got his MBA from UT Arlington. He loves the ocean and plays the guitar.

There are also a couple of Kenny's favorite quotes in there that I don't think you could read even after zooming in, plus a couple of important dates (our wedding date and Mira's birthday).

The quotes are:
"If you want to rise higher, use your own legs! Don't let yourself be carried up, do not sit on the backs and heads of strangers!"  -Nietcsche
"Rule #1: Never lose money. Rule #2: Never forget Rule #1."  -Warren Buffet

1 comment:

Casey said...

Wow Teresa I am really impressed! You are so talented! I would hate to see what it would look like if I tried to paint something for Matthew! ha!
I'm glad you explained Tony Roma's. I was wondering why you would put a Rib restaurant on the painting! :)