Saturday, October 23, 2010

Pumpkin Carving!

Mira's first pumpkin carving experience! My first in a long while...

Everything laid out and ready to carve!

We asked Mira to help us find the top of the pumpkin (Special Agent Oso allusion).

Kenny was impressed (and a little afraid) of my knife wielding.

Mira thought it was a good idea to help me with the big knife - I didn't quite agree.

When I opened it up and she saw what was inside - she shrieked and cried!

She hopped in my lap and didn't want anything to do with the "yucky" insides - not even with a spoon!

Once I had it all cleaned out and started the carving process, she was on board! First we transfer the pattern by poke, poke, poking!

Then we carve it by moving the saw up and down, up and down, up and down. She really went to town on this part!

Poke the pieces in when they're cut all around.

More carving...the intensity!

Shatzie begging for a bite of pumpkin.

Almost done!

All the pieces are out!

Doing some clean-up and fine tuning.

Ta-Daaaa!!

Our happy Jack.

Mira is pleased with our work!

Cute little pumpkin! And the gourds are nice, too!

Now, Kenny and I are going to toast the pumpkin seeds!! I've never tried them, so we'll see if it's worth the trouble! We've rinsed them and spread them out to dry overnight, and we'll toast them tomorrow!

No comments: