Friday, July 22, 2011

Date Weekend/Mira's Week in Fairfield

So, Mira spent last weekend in Fairfield with Uncle Kenny, Aunt CoCo, LaLa, and Avi. She had ridiculous amounts of fun! So much that I was surprised she was so excited to see me on Monday morning!

Here is a rundown of the things that went on - well, at least the things that were reported...

Avi gave her a fab side ponytail on multiple occasions. Apparently, she would sit perfectly still for huge blocks of time (30 minutes) for these up-do's. Ha! I'm lucky if I get 5 minutes to fix her hair, and she usually wiggles and whines at me the whole time!

Bravo, Avi, Bravo! (although, it does appear that my child has been drugged...)


They played with the video monitor...
Yikes, Avi, Yikes!!

They cooked...


They went to see Winnie the Pooh at the theater. This was Mira's very first time to be in a theater! It sounds like she loved the entire experience from gazing at each and every life-sized movie cut-out, picking out her booster seat, carrying her booster seat (she refused offers of assistance), having snacks in the theater, and, of course, the movie itself. She sat quietly and watched the entire movie. I'm kind of sad that I didn't get to experience this first with her (CoCo did ask if it was okay, and I gave the go-ahead), but I think it's good for her to have these special memories with the other people that she loves and who love her.


Carrying her booster seat - big girls can do this sort of thing all by themselves!

Snacks? - check! Drink? - check! Let's get started!!

After the movie (or maybe before?), they played in the arcade for a while. This was also a big hit. They even won some tickets and got "some junk from the junk counter"! 

Avi helping her play "mini bowling"

Always the cheerleader - she MUST clap for you when you do something good! (yes, I realize we've created a monster!)

They painted toenails, and it looks like they had fun with bath time, too...


I also received a video of Avi and Mira running through the sprinkler, but I can't figure out how to post a copy...it's on Facebook.

There was swinging at the playground, running in the rain, and plenty of tickle fights, too. Who knows what else went on, but all that matters is that she was having a great time - it made it so easy to enjoy....

DATE WEEKEND!!!

I dropped Mira off in Fairfield on Friday and headed back home to my hubby and our weekend-long date!

We mostly ate out and watched movies (thanks to Jim and Sheila for the Cinemark gift card!). Nothing too crazy, but we had so much fun just hanging out, relaxing, and doing things together that we enjoy.

Friday night, we watched Killers on Netflix then went out to Barnes & Noble where we just sat and read our Nooks (you can read any book for an hour in stores!) and had Starbucks. Sounds bland, I know - but we had fun! We thought it was pretty crazy of us to be getting in the car and heading out at 7:00pm! That's usually when we're starting Mira's bath time!

Saturday morning, we woke up and had breakfast at Cafe Brazil! Those fried sweet potatoes and bottomless cups of coffee are heavenly! Chocolate-Covered Cherry coffee.....YUM!

Afterwards, we caught the matinee of Harry Potter. It was good, as usual, but, as usual, it left us a bit disappointed compared with the books.

We went home for lunch then went back to the theater for Bad Teacher. It was not so great - we were pretty let-down about that one because we had been really excited to see it and had high hopes. There were a few funny scenes, but nothing great.

We were stuffed on sodas and snacks after this, so we decided to go to the mall and walk around a bit. Nothing eventful there. Dinner was a large order of Wendy's fries - love 'em!!

Sunday morning, we went to church. I was signed up to substitute teach in Mira's regular class, and Kenny helped video the service (it was the annual "Harry Potter service" - ?). Afterwards, we had Pei Wei for lunch which was delicious as always.

Our plan was to go home so Kenny could watch the Women's soccer game, and I was going to go grocery shopping. Unfortunately, he had no luck and couldn't get it to come on. So, instead, we went grocery shopping together. We had fun perusing the aisles of Whole Foods - I'm usually in a bit of a rush to get what we need and get out.

We dropped the groceries off at the apartment and headed back to our home-away-from-home - Cinemark! The last movie of the weekend was, by far, the best out of the four. We watched Horrible Bosses and laughed until we hurt! I would love to go see that one again!! SO great!!!!

Dinner was at Whole Foods (two trips in one day!!!) - two vegan burgers with fries. They got weird and put sweet pickles on my burger which did not work for me, but otherwise, it was great.

I'm so glad Kenny and I can be such dorks together and have so much fun doing nothing together!!

Monday morning, I got a phone call from my sweet Mira: "Hello Mommy. This is Mirabelle. I'm coming to see you in Dallas, TX!!"

What a perfect ending to a perfect weekend!



No comments: