Friday, January 23, 2009

2 Month Well Baby

The doctor's visit went well. We really liked our new pediatrician, Dr. Margaret Crittell. The staff was great, too. All were friendly, helpful, knowledgeable, and patient. They are moving into a new facility soon, so that will be a bonus!

Mira weighed in at 12 pounds and measured 22 3/4 inches in length. We didn't ask for the percentile, but it's probaly the same as before...

Mira only had to get 2 shots rather than the 4 that we were anticipating. They recently switched to the vaccine that combines three of the shots in one. She also had one oral vaccine - a sweet substance that she seemed to enjoy! :) So, that's 5 vaccines in all!!

After worrying myself sick all week, I actually did very well when the actual shots took place. It went fairly quickly, and I was so relieved that we were getting only 2 instead of 4 that I didn't even cry! I just scooped Mira up as soon as that last band aid went on and focused on convincing her that it was over. ;) She really didn't even cry that much - not nearly as much as I was expecting. So, I got myself all worked up, and in the end, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

She goes back at 4 months (in March), and that's when we will talk about starting "real" food!!! I'm stoked!!!

Tonight is the big night - Mira's first babysitter while Kenny & I go out with Uncle Kenny & Aunt CoCo!! I'm super excited about the concert and having a little break from feedings and diaper changes. On the other hand, I am very anxious, and I know I will miss her terribly!! I'm pretty sure I'll have to fight myself not to want to leave the concert early! Katy will probably get a couple of texts throughout the evening... ;)

Well, I have a lot to do, so this entry will be a short one...

No comments: