Saturday, January 17, 2009

The dental work is done...for now. I have to go back Monday morning because the temporary crowns are not fitting so well, and my bite is off quite a bit. Since I'm supposed to avoid chewing on the side with the crowns (not to mention it hurts to bite on that side even if I could), that leaves me unable to chew at all!! It's hard to really understand how frustrating it is not to be able to chew your food! A liquid diet is just NOT satisfying!!! Most of the pain is in my jaw - stretching my mouth open further than it should for 2 1/2 hours did a number on my jaw muscles. A couple of times, they used a Children's Small wedge thing to keep my jaws stretched open...apparently, I have a small mouth...no fun for me or the dentist.

I hope, after Monday morning, things will be much better - I just want to be able to chew again! Then, I go back on Friday, so the dentist can check that everything is healing okay (where they extracted my wisdom teeth). And, then, I go back three weeks later to get my permanent crowns put in place. That's when it should all be done for good!!!

Kenny has been amazing, of course - taking care of me and Mira both. I'm so glad he was able to stay home with us on Friday. I ended up getting nauseas yesterday and today - not sure what caused it, but it was a good thing Kenny was there to take Mira!

Mira continues to amaze us with all her new talents...she has found her hands. She stares real hard at one then puts it in her mouth, then takes it out and stares at it some more. She nearly goes cross-eyed when she does it, but it's pretty awesome still!

She has reached the stage where she wants to put everything in her mouth. Of course, she can't quite get them in there when she wants to everytime, but you can see she's trying and gnaws away when she's successful. I'm still convinced she's working on teeth...tons of drooling & she's gnawing rather than sucking on my fingers...

She has really fallen in love with her toys now. She cracks up when we make them kiss her or let her kick or rattle them.

She's also started enjoying "Peek A Boo"!! She likes it best when you cover and uncover her face, but she gets a kick out of you hiding/showing your face, too.

She's turned into quite the talker...she coos and gurgles a ton! We have lots of great conversations. ;)

We have our 2 month Well Baby visit this Wednesday. We are seeing a new doctor this time; hopefully, we will be happier with her than with the previous doctor. I don't think she could be worse! She comes highly recommended.

Mira gets 4 shots this time, so I'm sure to bawl my eyes out. Apparently, one of the shots is a real zinger, and the medicine really stings. My stomach gets upset just thinking about it... :( I have a lot of questions this round, and I'm anxious to see how much Mira has grown, so I'm looking forward to the visit (other than the shots). I think she will weigh in at over 12 pounds!

Well, Kenny and Mira are both in bed, so I think I better get there, too! She's been sleeping 6 1/2 to 7 hours the past few nights, so we've tried to get in bed as soon as she goes down, so we can make the most of it. Tonight, I'll get shorted, since I've stayed up blogging!

No comments: