Saturday, January 15, 2011

Gymnastics!

So, Mira had her first gymnastics class this past Friday at Jill's Gymnastics! She was so good  - seriously, a natural! I had a lot of fun, too! I didn't get too many pictures because the class is very busy and fast-paced - no time for standing around and snapping photos!

She did a little bit of everything! They did a move that would be the beginings of a cartwheel, then a handstand (which will probably go into back-handspring later down the road), handstand against the wall (she held herself up all by herself!), jumping on a trampoline, climbing, monkey bars, the rings (she held onto the rings and swung back and forth with no support!), vault springboard (I don't know what's it's really called), the balance beam and more. Plus, they did lots of silly, fun stretches/warm-up activities at the begining! The teacher, Miss Brittney was super-cute and very engaging.

I think she really loved it. This morning, I was trying to get her dressed "so we could go do fun things" (i.e. run errands, ha!)

"We going to gymnastics?!" she eagerly replied. 


Ta-Daaa!!

Earned two stamps for a job well done! They get them on their feet - FUN!

Cute little stamped tootsie!

So, today, we went and bought Mira a new gymnastics outfit. Now, she'll look like a pro out there!

She liked it a lot. (understatement of the year?)

So adorable!

Another Ta-Daaa!

Showing us some of her fancy moves!

Then she made Daddy get in on the action!


We took her suit off of her so she could go potty right before taking a nap. I didn't even mention the fact that I wasn't planning on putting it back on her; I wanted to wash the suit before she wore it any longer and let her sleep in something else.  I thought we would just sort of not talk about it and just not put it back on after she pottied. Ha!

She had a total meltdown! She snatched it away from me (again, I hadn't even SAID anything!) and walked away from me (butt-naked), clinging to the suit and sobbing, "I want my gymnastics (pronounced "mexican")suit on!" - all the way back to her bedroom. Kenny and I followed at a safe distance - so she couldn't hear us laughing our heads off! It was so cute and overly-dramatic and pathetic!

Suffice to say, she is sleeping peacefully in her new "mexican suit" right now....  

And, it looks like we'll be going back for more gymnastics next week! So glad she likes it!

1 comment:

Erika said...

She is the cutest thing I have ever seen! I'm laughing out loud at the mirror photo! Can't wait to see her moves! Ta-DAAAAAAAAH!