Monday, January 10, 2011

A Little Snowman

We had just a little snow yesterday mixed with some sleet and rain. We bundled up and took Mira out to play for a little while. We had to convince Mira to go outside, but she soon decided she loved the snow. It just took Daddy teaching her how to make/throw snowballs at Mommy!

Then, when we were all freezing, but Mira refused to go back inside, I had to bribe her with Wonder Pets to get her to come in! She actually stopped and deliberated on it for a second - that means a lot! Usually, it's WP without hesitation...she really liked flinging those snowballs!

We also made a tiny little snowman while we were at it. Surprisingly, he's still out there - along with a blanket of white!














2 comments:

Casey said...

I'm jealous! We didn't get one drop of snow! I was waiting all day, and all that came down was rain. Glad Mira had fun!

Erika said...

Aww, that's so cute - and by "that" I mean Mira AND your little version of "snow"! :)

Last week at library storytime, the theme was snowmen and Ben is now hooked on his new song about them:

(Tune of "I'm a Little Teapot")
I'm a little snowman, short and fat;
Here is my broomstick, here is my hat;
When the sun comes out I melt away;
Down, down, down, down, I'm a puddle!

(It doesn't rhyme, which kind of bugs me, but Ben sings it nonstop, so there must be something toddler-attracting about it! Thought Mira would like to try singing it, too, while she's got snow on the brain.)