Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Sweet Sixteen

Mira and I made a quick trip to Fairfield to celebrate LaLa's 16th Birthday! They threw a little surprise party for her and presented her with "the choice"! Kenny and Coco's gift was $1,000.00 and the choice of a trip to New York City in the Spring OR a car!!

She chose the car. (Duh!)

I was 14 years old when I became an aunt for the first time. I was so excited to meet my new niece!  I remember wanting to go over to Kenny & Nicole's every day, so I could see her and hold her. That was 16 years ago, but I still adore her.

She is such an amazing individual. She has everything going for her - beauty, brains, and personality. I am in awe of what a wonderful young lady she has turned into - and it seems like it happened overnight!

I love her so much and would do just about anything for her. I think she's great, and I'm so very proud of her. I love that she stands up for herself and tries to make good choices. She is kind and thoughtful and generous. I know she will do great things along the way, and I am so excited to see where life takes her and where she takes her life!

Here is a little photo montage in her honor (probably not 100% in order, but close):

Born at 11 at night the night before I had to go back to school from winter break! I was allowed to stay until she was born, but I was so mad I didn't get to stay later and hold her!


That's a chicken pox on her head - I think it was the only one she got!

Adorable even with an IV coming out of her head! She gave us quite a scare when she came down with Meningitis. What a trooper!

Loved books from the begining - trying to take my text books!

First grandbaby's first Christmas!




Beauty Queen

I thought this was so cute and asked her to do it over and over again.



We got our faces painted at the Texas State Fair


All dressed up because she was watching me get ready for my Junior Prom, and she thought she was going to get to go with me. Boy, was she MAD when she found out she couldn't go!

3rd Birthday





First day of Kindergarten!















At the Taylor Swift concert together!



It's not what it looks like....unless it looks like she's dying a tee shirt.

Happy Sixteenth, LaLa! I love you!!

No comments: