Friday, July 24, 2009

Show Us Your Life

It's Show Us Your Wedding Dress on Kelly's Korner!

Kenny and I are about to celebrate our 4th wedding anniversary next week, so this is very timely!

I absolutely loved (still love) my wedding dress!

Ironically though, I didn't have that moment in which I put it on and gasped, "This is the one!" like you're supposed to. I had my heart set on this halter-top style dress which I had tried on one day when I went shopping by myself.

But, then the day came when we had the official wedding dress shopping with all my gal pals, nieces, sisters-in-law, and mom. I just knew everyone was going to love this dress that I had my heart set on - I had saved it for last to show them! But, to my surprise (and irritation), they all had that "ah ha!" moment when I put this one on. I ignored their excitement thinking to myself, "Just wait until you see the one!"

I was pretty upset when no one really cared for the dress I had fallen in love with and my pig-headedness made it impossible for me to consider this "new" dress! Nicole, my sis-in-law, in usual fashion, was the most straightforward and insistent that this was the one and not the other. This, of course, ticked me off at the time... (love you Coco!)

I decided to sleep on it and ended up going back the very next day to get this dress - the one they all loved... It wasn't peer pressure - I just decided to stop being so stubborn and take a look at the snapshots of myself that we had taken in each dress. It was so obvious that the one I thought I was in love with just didn't do it for me, and this one was beautiful!

I'm so glad they were there to tell me the cold, hard truth!!! I felt beautiful on my wedding day, and I still adore this dress today!

My dress was a champagne-colored, strapless number with a beaded bodice and side-swept waist (very flattering for the fuller-figured ladies!).

This is right after we said our I Do's and were about to head back up the aisle! We were so happy and excited! This is the best shot of the actual dress that I could come up with.


Here is a close-up, so you can see the details on the dress and a little bit of the veil. The veil was short and simple with a beaded headband to compliment the dress.
Well, this is fun sharing! I love seeing how very different everyone's dresses were!!

3 comments:

Erinn said...

I love it! Good choice!

Casey said...

I've never seen your wedding pictures! You looked beautiful and I love the dress! My dress had the same design at the waist!

Lindsey said...

BEAUTIFUL! I love your dress! I never had that "a ha" moment either! But I did LOVE my dress!